Grants are distributed from the Board of Benevolence of the Swedish Order of Freemasons, from Lodges and Fraternal Societies and from funds under the jurisdiction of the Swedish Order of Freemasons to a total amount of SEK 45 million annually (approx. $ 5 millions).
Donations and grants are distributed in the following main areas:
• Scientific research in geriatrics.
• Geriatric activities.
• Actions against narcotics among young people.
• Aid to disabled young people.
• Aid to young people adrift.
• Donations and scholarships to young artists, writers and artisans.